This year I narrowed down our beach rentals to two places on VRBO and we opted for the one managed by Access because of our past experiences. Check out our selection of oceanfront vacation homes and you’ll have the beach right outside your door! If you’re searching North Carolina coastal communities, there are a number of developments we find of interest. Some are waterfront communities with deep water ocean access marinas or Wilmington NC golf communities. https://www.wave-accounting.net/ real estate in area is often accompanied by a stunning oceanfront view.
- Just off the island, you will find the neighboring towns of Sneads Ferry, Holly Ridge, and Hampstead, known as the “mainland” to locals.
- Stroll down Topsail Drive and view the galleries, or take a trip to Burgaw’s historic downtown for the Annual North Carolina Blueberry Festival.
- We had the privilege of being the first ones to stay at Topsail Manor and were beyond blown away.
- The marshes that surround most of the island are a serene location to spend your days.
- Our island is so special and unique, full of welcoming people and plenty to do.
- This inlet’s name can be found on early navigational charts with the other Topsail Inlet located in Beaufort, N.C. Soon after J.G.
Serenity Point is the Southern tip of Topsail Island and is an undeveloped area that is perfect for beachgoers. There is limited FREE parking, which adds to the privacy you’ll get. The Intracoastal Waterway extends from Boston to Florida, and the calm sound makes for excellent paddling and boating. If your rental is nearby or on the Intracoastal, you’ll have the benefit of watching sunset here.
Escape to Topsail Island
The North Carolina coast is also a popular nesting area for the loggerhead sea turtle from May until late July and you’ll see them on Topsail Island. When they hatch at night, hundreds of baby sea turtles may be seen running towards the surf from late July until October. You can enjoy an array of activities at North Topsail Beach from fishing, paddling, biking, bird watching and possibly seeing sea turtles.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNCW is a program designed to connect the university community with the adult community.
- The salt spray creates a harsh environment for plant life and an adventure for any nature enthusiast.
- Should any turtle require rescue or aid along the beach the center will step in and provide help.
- Daddy Mac’s Beach Grille offers deck dining and a mouthwatering shrimp platter.
- Visitors can choose from one-, two- or three-bedroom suites at St. Regis, and enjoy indoor and outdoor pools, a fitness room, a children’s playground, and on-site restaurants.
Be sure to contact us at the very best in Topsail Island area vacation rentals and sales. It is located in North Topsail Beach, NC and offers a variety of enjoyment for everyone from relaxing on our clean beaches to King Mackerel or bottom fishing on our pier. And, while you are here, you can also enjoy our well stocked bait and tackle shop or dine in our clean restaurant.
Indoor Things to do on Topsail Island
We have used Lewis Realty for approximately 10 years for our summer rentals. Chris Rackley has met with us often to insure that our rental season is handled positively. The Missiles and More Museum is a historic landmark on Topsail Island that was once used by the government to assemble missiles for a secret missile operation. The exhibits include pirates and the natural history of the island, Camp Davis, Operation Bumblebee, Osprey Aircraft and WASPS. Throughout the year local art galleries feature works from notable artists such as Ivan Hayes. Stroll down Topsail Drive and view the galleries, or take a trip to Burgaw’s historic downtown for the Annual North Carolina Blueberry Festival.
- There’s no better way to spend your time on Topsail Island than walking along its shores.
- Make plans for you and your family to vacation in a beach cottage or condo overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the sound or nestled in among the lush trees on the interior.
- Summer Winds treats guests to a community pool, public beach access across the street from the complex, tile flooring, public playground next door, and a small convenience store across the street.
- You can’t go wrong with staying in any of the three towns for your getaway.
- The Topsail Island Trading Company offeres fine jewery – including Pandora, resort wear, & gifts for the whole family!
- This project began only due to the turtles nesting on this island.
- A small museum in Topsail called Missiles & More Museum where visitors can learn more about the operation and history on Topsail Island.
Surf City Scoops, located under the roller skating rink in Topsail Beach, for THE BEST homemade ice cream on the island. The South end of Topsail boasts a skating rink, putt putt course, a fishing pier, and a slow more relaxed feel for those that want to wind things down while still having fun.
Request Free Real Estate Information About Topsail Island
Book a weekend trip to Topsail, or plan to stay for an entire week. No matter how long or short your stay, you’ll enjoy your time on the island. You can’t go wrong with staying in any of the three towns for your getaway. Venture to Topsail Island, North Carolina, for your next vacation.
What is Topsail Island known for?
Topsail is best known for its sea turtle preservation and conservation efforts. Throughout the 26 miles of coastline, loggerhead sea turtles come ashore to nest and lay eggs from April through September. While you're here, visit the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center in Surf City.
At the top of Topsail Island is the ORV Beach, also known as the 4×4 Driving Area. Fishing tickets are $16/day but if you just plan to walk the pier, spectator tickets are $2.
At Soundside, there’s a nice walking path, a playground, and picnic shelters if you’d like to have a family get-together or birthday party there. However, we think an oyster farm tour is the best way to experience the trail. Ghost Fleet Oyster Company invited us to their farm near North Topsail Beach, and it was a day that we’ll never forget. Note that many of these boat tour companies will meet you in various locations, depending on the experience you’ve booked and where you’re staying. When you do arrive here, you’ll find a relatively calm patch of sand with water that’s great for fishing. Signs will tell you that water is too rough to swim here, and I recommend following their advice to not swim here. Please don’t try to drive this beach without those two important things.
After, six years of international travel they launched Lost in the Carolinas to share their experiences about these great states. If you like a bit more space when fishing surf fishing is a great sport.